The curricular emphasis of this method is on the understanding of fundamental mathematical concepts or principles, logical thinking, problem solving, communication and mathematical dispositions. The approach and design are effective in developing the conceptual domain and fluency in procedures, and is designed to allow the teacher and the student to evaluate learning.
Students thoroughly understand what they have learned, master problem solving with confidence and develop a positive learning attitude.
It requires students to be aware of their thinking to create verbal problems that are realistic and can be solved.
Develop meta cognition skills through mathematical communication and logical reasoning.
Mathematics develops meta cognition and mathematical thinking in students. Students learn to direct their thinking process to become competent problem solvers
It models the thinking process for students and enables them to monitor their own thinking and regulate their learning.
This method is being used in all elementary including the Kindergarten level.
This year, emphasis was placed on extracurricular classes from the 1st to 6th grade levels, with classes focused on sport (football) and band (marching band), with a great acceptance by students, especially football .
• Students who come from schools where there are no number or letter grades but conceptual evaluations will be assigned to their respective grades according to age and placement tests results.
• Students coming from Bolivian schools will be admitted only when their level of proficiency in English is such that teachers believe they will be able to succeed in the assigned grade.
• Students coming from schools where the calendar year starts in February and ends in November or December will have to repeat the second semester of the year they just finished.
• No students will be allowed to skip a semester due to the calendar year difference.
• The director may refuse admission to any student if the student is at risk of not being able to succeed within our school’s learning environment and/or if the student may jeopardize the learning or the safety and welfare of other students.
English and math admission exams
Students who do not come from American or international schools will have to take an English admission exam.
All applicants will take a math admission exam.
Initial grade placement and class assignment is based on records, admission testing results and all information available at the time of registration. New entrants however may be reassigned or placed in another section or at a different grade level within the first six weeks after registration once the student performance in classes is deemed inappropriate for the assigned level.
September 1 st is the date used to determine grade level placement.
Pre-Kinder 3 : 3 years old by Sep. 1 st of the school year that begins in early August of each calendar year.
Pre-Kinder 4 : 4 years old by the same date.
Kinder: 5 years old.
First grade: 6 years old and so forth.